- More Events
- Unconference: Actionable Science for Urban Sustainability (AScUS-2020)
Jun 03, 2020
- World Circular Economy Forum 2020
Sep 29, 2020
- 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns
Sep 30, 2020
- URBAN FUTURE Global Conference - Lisbon
Apr 01, 2020
- Asia-Pacific Urban Forum 7: Future of Asia and Pacific Cities
Oct 15, 2019
- 10th Session of the World Urban Forum
Feb 08, 2020
- World Bank Youth Summit 2019: Smarter Cities for a Resilient Future
Dec 02, 2019
- W12 Congress: First International Meeting of Cities Facing a “Day Zero” Water Scenario
Jan 27, 2020
- View events archive
Great Lakes Circular Economy Forum
Jun 25, 2019 - Jun 26, 2019
The first Great Lakes Circular Economy Forum will take place in Toronto from 25-26 June 2019 at the Toronto Reference Library. Co-convened by UN Environment North America, the City of Toronto and the Council of the Great Lakes Region, the Forum is an invitation-only, bi-national dialogue on promoting circular economy in the Great Lakes region.
The Great Lakes region is uniquely positioned for a transition to a circular economy because of its tightly integrated industries and its strong cross-border collaborations. Shifting towards circularity holds great promise for improving resource efficiency, promoting innovation and helping drive economic growth. As the largest body of freshwater on the planet, maximizing sustainability and minimizing waste in the Great Lakes region is essential for safeguarding our future.
The Great Lakes Circular Economy Forum will bring together key stakeholders - including major cities of the Great Lakes region and key companies and industries – to generate a shared vision of how to move towards more circular markets and economies in the region, and the type of partnerships and collaborations needed to achieve this. The Forum will also provide a milestone in the lead up to Canada hosting of the World Circular Economy Forum in 2020.