- More Events
- 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns
Sep 30, 2020
- URBAN FUTURE Global Conference - Lisbon
Apr 01, 2020
- Asia-Pacific Urban Forum 7: Future of Asia and Pacific Cities
Oct 15, 2019
- 10th Session of the World Urban Forum
Feb 08, 2020
- World Bank Youth Summit 2019: Smarter Cities for a Resilient Future
Dec 02, 2019
- W12 Congress: First International Meeting of Cities Facing a “Day Zero” Water Scenario
Jan 27, 2020
Sep 07, 2019
- ISIE Americas 2020 - Industrial Ecology for Resilient and Sustainable Cities: enhancing circularity and wellbeing
Jul 06, 2020
- View events archive
Zero Waste Conference
Oct 30, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
The national Zero Waste Conference (ZWC) attracts thought leaders from around the world highlighting circular economy success stories, waste prevention innovations, local and global perspectives as the shift to waste prevention and a circular economy continues to gain momentum.
Now in its ninth year, the 2019 Zero Waste Conference continues to build on our well-earned reputation as a place of innovation, compelling speakers, unique perspectives, and valuable insights.
Along the way, we have been entertained and inspired by a who’s who of the thinkers and doers defining the circular economy including visionaries and disrupters such as last year’s Gerd Leonhard and Leyla Acaroglu, and Michael Braungart and William McDonough, Dame Ellen MacArthur, and designer Neri Oxman. We’ve seen how innovators like Arthur Huang are taking post consumer trash recycling to another level accelerating the shift to a close-loop economy and activists like Tristram Stuart are creating new economic opportunities with ground-level, and grounded, ideas about food waste, while astronaut Dr. Cady Coleman's view from orbit gave us a big picture perspective on waste and its impact on our planet.
The Zero Waste Conference finds the balance between theory and action, demonstrating the event’s core message – the journey to a circular economy is already underway.