- More Events
- Asia-Pacific Urban Forum 7: Future of Asia and Pacific Cities
Oct 15, 2019
- 10th Session of the World Urban Forum
Feb 08, 2020
- World Bank Youth Summit 2019: Smarter Cities for a Resilient Future
Dec 02, 2019
- W12 Congress: First International Meeting of Cities Facing a “Day Zero” Water Scenario
Jan 27, 2020
Sep 07, 2019
- ISIE Americas 2020 - Industrial Ecology for Resilient and Sustainable Cities: enhancing circularity and wellbeing
Jul 06, 2020
- 13th European Biennial of Towns and Town Planners 2019 | Planning on the Edge
Sep 11, 2019
- International Conference on Sustainable Development
Sep 24, 2019
- View events archive
13th European Biennial of Towns and Town Planners 2019 | Planning on the Edge
Sep 11, 2019 - Sep 13, 2019
Plymouth will host the biennial conference, which aims to launch a debate on how planners and urban designers can help create sustainable cities.
Planning on the edge
The central theme of this conference is to investigate planning in places which are defined by their peripherality or location between two or more boundaries. The challenges of planning and regeneration of coastal settlements provides an obvious focus, but the theme might also encompass the planning of places at the edge of their territories, in a ‘frontier zone’, on a migration route or at a transition between different physical environments.
The European Council of Spatial Planners (ECTP) Biennial conference is in association with Plymouth City Council, Destination Plymouth, the University's Planning School and the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).