Improving data management for territorial metabolism studies
This PhD thesis aims to analyse how data which are used for territorial metabolism evaluation are collected, processed, summarized.
Territorial metabolism studies are a result of large amount of data, and the way they are usually manipulated has a big influence on the time study and quality.
This thesis is structured around three pragmatic questions:
* What is the availability and variability of data sources ?
* What are the possible usage of these data, according territorial actor needs ?
* What are the methods that may help for data processing ?
The study will concern the french region "Grand-Est". Based on the first study in Alsace (2015), the research will try to go further in analysis.
More information may be found about this thesis on : http://metabolisme-territorial.fr (in French)
Target completion date
30 sept. 2019
- Benoit Ribon
- Dominique Badariotti, René Kahn
- Université de Strasbourg, Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie (ADEME)