New task was created
Embed process data in our datasets
Created on Monday 29 August 2022, 21:55Back to task list
ProjectMetabolism of Cities Data Hub
Assigned toNo one yet
Our data structure has been set up to accommodate recording of the different economic processes or activities that are linked to material flow data. There is a "from" and "to" field in the data structure. For instance, a flow could go from "mineral extraction" to "smelting". However, at present we are in no way recording these data. There is no way in which a user can indicate which processes are involved in a certain dataset, and these two columns are completely empty in the dataset.
In order to start using this, we must:
- Have a way for users to indicate which processes are linked to their data (in the data sheet? at dataset level? at dataset type level?)
- Figure out which catalogs we are going to use/recommend
- Record the data in the database
- Visualize data to people can see which processes link to data
- Allow people to filter data based on the processes involved
This is going to be a significant undertaking but it is important for the general functioning of our system.