New task was created
Add a how-to tools and tuts (resources) page for data visualisations
Created on Friday 26 June 2020, 16:17Back to task list
ProjectMetabolism of Cities
TypeCreate visualisation or graphic
Assigned toBernelle Verster
SubscribersBernelle VersterPaul Hoekman
Add a page for useful resources when making visualisations.
Include the tool, what it does, some examples, how to get it, and some links to useful tutorials, courses.
Including for example:
- Blender (open source alternative to Adobe, good for animations and scenes)
- Inkscape (open source alternative to Adobe, good for graphics)
- A-frame (web based VR thing in Mozilla Firefox)
- QGIS (open source alternative to ESRI)
- Python (coding as it relates to, for example Sankey diagrams)
- websites, techniques to create different types of visualisations
- websites of good information places, like https://ourworldindata.org, https://informationisbeautiful.net/, https://d3js.org/ - different to the libraries in that it's not focused on UM, more for inspiration.